Is it time to shift to your dream home soon? Moving into a new home is one of the best times to use feng shui to create a space of freshness, clarity, and happiness. We’re here to help with some tips to move into your new house to ensure that new beginnings lead to happy and prosperous living.
- Choose an auspicious date and time to shift, that’s in accordance with The Chinese Almanac.
- Buy your house a gift. It can be as small as a candle or a new plant. This will serve as a loving token for your new space and should be the first object that you move into the house.
- An orderly space, with no clutter is the best feng shui foundation for your new home. Get rid of your old clutter and clean your new house thoroughly before moving in. It is extremely important to allow fresh air and energy to flow through the front door.
- Place a ceremonial red packet at the bottom of your rice urn, then fill it up with rice to the brim and stick a red and gold sticker that denotes ‘fullness’ in traditional Chinese custom.
- Light up and turn on water pipes, gas and electrical appliances to declare the preparedness and perfect function of your new home as soon as you enter. Have a small meal when you move in, such as tea and cookies, to symbolise your new life.
In a nutshell, a good feng shui house is nourished by fresh, clear, free flowing energy and good vibes. The very practice of feng shui is based on the idea that our homes are a mirror of our inner selves. Its purpose is to get your environment in alignment with who we are, to harmonise our energy with our home’s energy.